The mission of our church compels us to actively minister to others and connect them to Jesus Christ. Our deacons, a pastoral care ministry of our church, actively serve our members and intentionally reach out to our community.
HERE TO SERVE YOU
Our deacons are a team of men who take the care of you and your family very personally. Whether through calls, cards of encouragement, or service to the church, our deacons are always ready to help in your time of need.
Even though our deacons are not currently making physical visits to hospitals, we would love to know of your hospitalization or impending surgery so that we can check on you. We will reach out via e-mail, phone call, or text to let you know that we are praying for you.
To let us know about an upcoming hospital visit please let us know at the contact information below:
- The basic qualification has to do with the character and reputation of the individual in his relation to Jesus Christ and to the local church. On the basis of this consideration, all others are built. The church determines what they desire and expect in an active deacon on the basis of Scriptures and the needs of the Brentwood Baptist Church family.
- He should measure up to the requirements of Acts 6:1-6 and I Timothy 3:8-13
- He must be 25 years of age or older. (Being married is not considered a Scriptural requirement.)
- He must have been a member at one of our campuses for at least one (1) full year immediately preceding deacon nomination. This will apply to those who have previously held membership at one of our campuses as well as those who join for the first time. It is waived for men who are ordained by another Baptist church.
- He must continuously prove his faith in our Lord Jesus Christ through his attendance, ministry, witness, service, and support of the total program of Brentwood Baptist Church. He must affirm and support the total mission, vision, goals, and values.
- He must be a practicing tither to the church.
- He must display a cooperative attitude toward members and staff, refrain from destructive criticism, and be willing to settle all difficulties in a quiet and Christian manner.
- It is expected that he be a man of good reputation, bringing no reproach by his conduct upon himself, the Lord, or His church.
- He should honor the privacy of those things shared with him in confidence either by an individual or the deacon body. Those elected to the active deacon body are expected to attend the monthly deacons’ meetings unless providentially hindered.
- Each member of the active deacon body will be expected to participate in the Pastoral Care Ministry.
- Be an active part of your team
- Attend team meetings
- Attend monthly deacon breakfasts
- Attend deacon training (or watch videos if you miss)
- Read and respond to deacon e-mails in a timely manner
- Good communication with your team leader
- Visit hospitals, nursing homes, hospice, and funeral homes (When permitted and approved by the respective Facilities & Brentwood Baptist Church.)
- Send cards/letters and make phone calls to Mobile Tools lists, new members, etc.
- Lord’s Supper and Lord’s Supper preparation
- Participate in Sunday activities the week your team is on duty
- Pray with Senior Pastor at team meetings and at the alter
- Participate in Easter & Christmas Eve services as requested
- Widow ministry
- Ability to present the gospel
- Regular prayer and Bible study times